Lovin' Laughter

Fashion. Photography. Travel. Shopping. Football. Music. Family. Friends. Sunshine...these are a few of my favorite things. Here's to a new chapter in my life full of new experiences, fun adventures and exceeding happiness!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How do people do this without Him?

2009 already?! Sometimes I wish I was still that innocent, sheltered young girl in High School who only had to worry about finishing my homework, deciding what to wear, and going to practice. I realize now, how much I was unaware of the things going on in the world around me.

2009. I'm 23 years old and feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. It's not that I feel I have so much responsibility or work load, but I feel the weight of peoples pain and suffering that I was once ignorant too. For a girl who declares at the top of her lungs that I am not one of those highly emontional girly girls, I have come to find out that my heart fights that phrase. I often ask God to break my heart for what breaks his. In doing so, I know in the depths of my mind that God is capable of doing so and that I am ready for it, but in the fore-front...I am caught off guard everytime.

2009. Its only been 4 weeks in to the new year and already my world has been flipped, turned, stopped and thrown in every direction. My emotions have been on a non-stop rollercoaster ride, which no matter how loud I scream and wave my arms to signal to God knows who to let me off, has yet to stop. In all of this, I have come to realize the following revelation:

LIFE IS MESSY. LIFE IS HARD. LIFE IS NECESSARY.
And in coming to the new found revelation of mine, I can't help but wonder, how in the world people can go through life without Jesus. Jesus has truly been my saving grace these past few weeks (not to mention my whole life!). When situation after situation shook me up, all I knew to do was to get on my face before God and cry out to him. Life is seeming to get harder and harder as I get older and I am realizing that choosing LIFE is necessary. Choosing to run to God and face plant at his feet and allowing him to restore whats been broken is so vital.
In these past few weeks, I can literally feel and see the Devil in certain situations. I see the strongholds and addictions he has on people and many of them are beginning to surface their ugly head. It says in John that "the enemy comes to kill, steal and destroy". The Bible is truth and that part of scripture is not to be taken lightly, but seldom we forget that although that is satans purpose for our life, we serve a God who overcame death, hell and the grave and will take what we sometimes give into and turn it around for his glory.
I am so sick and fed up with the Devil killing peoples dreams, stealing peoples passions and destroying families.
Have you ever had a moment in your life where you were doing something that was almost like an outer body experience? I recently had one of those this past thursday. I had shown up to work only to soon find out that somebodys unchecked sin reared its ugly head and a whole church soon found itself in the midst of a tradegy. (enter rollercoaster of emotions). It was almost as if my heart exploded and the rest of my body was under full control of it. I drove straight to my church, plugged my headphones in and cranked up hillsong united you'll come. I opened my bible and began to scream at the devil a chapter from the book of Psalms (which I am sure is why it was written in the first place ;)). Psalms 136 is one of the most repetitive scriptures in the bible, but in that moment, it was as if I could not say it enough. Psalms 136 goes back in forth from reminding God's people of what he had conquered and overcame for us to repeatedly announcing His love endures forever! And as I trucked back and forth through the aisles of the sancturary, I screamed this chapter to the devil. The devil can only do to us what we foolishly allow him to do, but no matter what....GODS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER. No matter what stronghold we cant seem to shake loose, no matter how deep and dark the pit is that we seem to continually fall into and no matter how hopeless our addiction seems to be....GOD'S LOVE ENDURES FOREVER. period.
It's time to get fed up. Get physically, emotionally, spiritually fed up. Stop being ignorant to what satan is doing and stand up and do something about it. Start re-claiming the promises God has for you. Start claiming your family, your marriage, your kids, your pastors, your friends, your relationships, your health, your finances, your life...in Jesus name. The name that is above all names. Jesus, who conquered death, hell and the grave. He came to give us life and life to the fullest. The King of Kings who never said that Life would be easy, but in all circumanstances, to choose life. CHOOSE LIFE. Stop allowing Satan to kill your dreams, steal your passion and destroy your family. Stop allowing Satan to kill your hopes, steal your joy and destroy your future. Stop allowing Satan to kill your _____________, steal your ____________ and destroy your _______________________! The only power he has is the power you give him. Stand up and fight! And if I have learned anything in these past weeks as I feel stranded in the valley, its that the only way up is down. Get on your knees. Indent your face on the floor. Fight. Life is messy and hard, but it's necessary!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Great words of wisdom Jenn. I am just so proud of you and am so thankful to have you in my life. I am not going through the same things as you are but as you clearly know, we all have struggles of our own. As I am leading the women of our church again through women's retreat this is the EXACT message that I believe God has for our women (and everyone) RIGHT NOW! So the theme? Dressed for Battle! We do need to be aware and we need to quit wallowing in every little circumstance fighting off the enemy in great circumstances but more importantly in the ones that seem sneaky and little which in reality are HUGE like FEAR, INSECURITIES, THOUGHTS! I feel this just as much for myself as anyone- it is time to STEP up! We have a higher purpose but we cannot achieve victory if we do not take hold of TRUTH! He has ALREADY won! The work is done. We just have to recognize it and put it to work! We must talk about it! We must band together! We must RUN RUN RUN to him! A road sign stood out to me recently: No parking except for Loading & Unloading. I thought- What does this mean Lord? And I feel he revealed to me... never stop, keep going, only stop to "unload your burdens" and "load" your strength for today. And another- yield- proceed with caution! Be aware of the enemy's attempts! Amen sister! I mean cousin! Heehee. That's all for now.

January 30, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home